Important note: If you have a specific question that needs to be answered right away, and the answer is not on this page call us.
Gotta question? E-mail it to us. You give us the questions, we will give you the answers on line. If the question can be answered on the "RKA" website we will give you the link to that area on the site that answers the question.
- Q: Why is there air?
- A: Everybody should know the answer to this question if you are a Bill Cosby fan! Of course to fill up basketballs, footballs and volleyballs!!!
- Q: Will you modify your luggage or custom design a one up bag?
- A: We can do striping only designs on our saddlebags, and color changes on our other luggage where there is a seam change (lid/expansion/body/handle etc), Sorry but no, we do not do any physical modifications, we do not do any specially shaped bags.
- Q: Is RKA luggage waterproof?
- A: We manufacture the most water resistant product on the market. Anybody that tells you soft luggage is waterproof is lying!! The materials we use are coated and very very water resistant, the weak spot on any soft luggage is the seams and zippers. So we recommend that you use our 303 Fabric guard the only one with UV protection, or some sort of fabric protector. Raincovers are optional, and we also have linerbags for our saddlebags.
- Q: What materials is the luggage made out of?
- A: All luggage is now made out of a 600 x 300 Denier Polyester Vinyl Laminated PVC, diamond embossed material, 3/8 inch foam combined onto a 200 denier coated nylon. Then we place 60 thousands ABS (plastic) inserts where needed for support. YKK zippers, buckles, and cams, etc.
- Q: What about Security?
- A: Any soft luggage is a security problem. It's just as secure as leaving your helmet. There are double YKK zippers you can lock together for mild security. When we have to leave our luggage on the motorcycle we cable lock everything including our leathers and helmets to the frame of the motorcycle.
- Q: What causes scratches and abrasions anyway, and how can I prevent them from happening?
- A: Believe it or not most luggage scratches a motorcycle because it was not secured and snugged down properly! If you install RKA luggage as per instructions the luggage will be secure, not slide or move around. So read the instructions even if you think you understand soft luggage because RKA does things a little different!
- Q: Where is the closest dealer?
- A: Check out our on line "Find your local dealer" page or give us a call and we will direct you to the dealer nearest you.
- Q: If we were to purchase all three bags as one order, would we entitled to some sort of discount ?
- A: No. RKA does not give any discounts from the shop, we feel it lowers the perception of the value of our product. We think we make a very fine product and sell it at a very fair price.
- Q: When shipping to Canada or anywhere else in the world what about the substantial duty charges when buying such items from the states?
- A: This is definitely a problem, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. Canada is the biggest headache for us because we thought "NAFTA" was to give us free trade!! We do mark shipments with "Motorcycle Accessories" and most of the time they go into Canada ok, but no guarantee!!
- Tankbag questions:
- Q: Will a tankbag fit on my dirt bike?
- A.: If you HAVE a tank in front off you! The answer is no too most dirtbikes our current tankbags have a footprint of 9 1/2" wide by 13" long. Check out our pannier bags on the Panniers page
- Q: Is the top off the tankbag raincover clear?
- A: No. We have specially designed the raincover so you can relocate your mapcase to the top of the raincover. The less sewing done on the top the less leakage there is, and the soft plastic normally used in this area eventually cracks.
- Q: How much will the tankbags hold?
- A: This question was asked recently about the 16-liter tank. This person wants to carry a pair of shoes, slacks, rain suit, jacket, lunch, daytimer, cell phone, toolkit!! I think maybe a set of saddlebags would be a better choice here! ;-) Check out the Products page and click on tankbags. This page gives all the dimensions of the tankbags and you can figure out what your needs are from there.
- Three point:
- Q: How does the three point attachment system work?
- A: Our system works a little different than most, check out our online helpful hints & instructions. This page has online instructions and helpful hints for a lot of different applications.
- Q: Will it scratch my tank?
- A: Well anything can scratch your tank. Our tankbag uses a Slip-Not rubberized material that is non slip and motorcycle friendly.
- Q: Will the magnetic bag scratch my tank?
- A: Anything could scratch your tank. We think we make the best magnetic tankbag on the market and we did a lot of research and testing before coming up with the magnetics and material we use for the bottom of the bag, If you clean the tank and wipe the bottom of the bag before putting it on your tank it will not scratch, but remember use common sense magnetics are magnetics.
- General Questions :
- Q: Can I carry a passenger?
- A: Sure you can. Check out the saddlebag area for this answer, and/or read next question. ;-)
- Q: Can I carry a passenger?
- A: The ability to carry a passenger using RKA's 47 liter saddlebags (or any other brand for that matter) lies in the turnsignal/passenger foot peg location.Most riders just move the saddlebags back resting them against the turn signals when riding two up, this allows the passenger to comfortably get to the passenger pegs. Or you can make your own turn signal relo bracket and relocate the turn signals to the license plate, allowing a lot of room to move the saddlebags to the rear. Go to the "Helpful hints & Instruction page" and click on "Having passenger feet, or turn signal problems? Click Here"
- One last thing to remember your passenger will have to set on the straps.
- Q: I have a "Corbin" aftermarket seat. Does this pose any problems with mounting the saddlebags?
- A: No, on most "Corbin" seats there is no application problem at all.
- Q: Will saddlebags fit on my dirtbike?
- A: This depends on the motorcycle. Smaller dirtbikes are not big enough to accommodate our saddlebags. On some of the dual purpose bikes the 33 liter saddlebags will fit without touching the pipe but you need to be careful here, Also if you are willing to "build a bracket or standoff"
- Q: Do they just hang, what supports them and holds them in place?
- A: See the saddlebag area
- Q: Does any portion of the saddlebags come in contact with a painted surface of the motorcycle?
- A: This depends on the configuration of the motorcycle, The Slip-Not type backing is very protective.
- SuperSport 33 liter saddlebags :A: ref. : Online instructions
- Q: Can the saddlebags go over the seat and or under the seat?
- A: In most cases both, ref.: Online instructions .
- Rearseat questions:
- Carryall 27 liter
- Q: I have a "Corbin" aftermarket seat. Does this pose any problems with mounting the Carryall or XRS?
- A: No, on most "Corbin" seats there is no application problem at all. Some "Corbin" seats have no lip edge or are very tight against the bodywork, in these cases we have a special attachment system designed just for the particular application. Click Here