With the nature of Bluetooth® products and the confusion surrounding how they actually work in the motorcycle riding environment, please review the following points prior to your purchase, as all J&M Bluetooth sales are final.
1) J&M Bluetooth helmet headsets are the best performing Bluetooth headsets on the market today, providing sound and fidelity in the helmet, equal to our best performing corded headsets.
2) J&M Bluetooth headsets use only the latest Bluetooth software profiles to allow proper linking to the latest Bluetooth enabled cell phones, MP/3 music devices, GPS units etc, along with J&M’s custom dongles.
3) J&M’s headset designs, quality control and distribution are the best in the business and all J&M products are backed by J&M’s two-year limited warranty. (except Lithium Ion Batteries)
Possible Negative Features:
4) J&M Bluetooth headsets must be fully charged each time before use, and if the battery goes dead during your day while riding, you will need to stop and re-charge it.
5) Lithium Ion batteries are relatively expensive and will need to be replaced every 1 ½ - 3 years for proper operation of the headset or dongle, and these batteries are NOT covered by J&M’s 2-year limited warranty.
6) Some Bluetooth enabled devices may not work together consistently, and/or all of the listed features may not be available/compatible with other Bluetooth devices and Bluetooth headsets.
7) Bluetooth enabled devices can sometimes unlink from each other for reasons that cannot be readily explained, and then need to be re-linked again for proper operation, causing frustration and inconvenience for the user.
8) When using one of J&M’s custom dongles operating in the JMAHP Bluetooth profile, connected to a motorcycle audio system with the driver/passenger intercom feature, there is an approximate 90ms delay in the talkback function into the helmet. This delay is not bothersome to most users, but some may object to it compared to the operation and sound of the intercom system when using corded headsets.
9) In the end you should consider whether or not the higher costs of the Bluetooth headset and/or custom dongles (up to three times higher than the equivalent corded headset solution) along with the sometimes complicated linking/use scenarios, are worth it for your particular riding situation, just to take the place of the simple to use J&M headset cord.
All of us here at RKA & J&M want you to be happy with your purchases, so please keep in mind the above considerations BEFORE purchasing any of our Bluetooth products.